Emerson Global Users Exchange Charter
This non-profit organization is chartered to provide a forum for the open exchange of non-proprietary information among the users and Emerson Automation Solutions with an emphasis on the enabling technologies and the solutions and services of Emerson Automation Solutions.
- Ensure that Emerson Global User Exchange attitudes, planning, activities and conference environment continue to meet the attendee needs. Encourage the attendees and all users of Emerson Automation Solutions technologies to actively participate.
- Improve the efficiency and use of enabling technologies available and employed at each member’s location, by sharing successes, solutions, and pitfalls to be avoided.
- Develop and maintain a relationship between users and Emerson Automation Solutions Business Units and distribution channels (e.g. Direct Sales, Impact Partners, Representatives). Actively participate in long range planning activities for Emerson Automation Solutions technologies by providing feedback at conferences and other scheduled meetings.
- Provide a forum for announcements and discussions of new products and services.
- Provide a comprehensive automation conference by inviting and encouraging participation from the appropriate third party companies whose offerings complement Emerson’s products, services and solutions.
- Enable attendees to participate in activities such as symposia, special interest groups, local and international forums, newsletters, social media, and the online Emerson Exchange 365 group to promote the exchange of ideas among users.
Attendance shall be limited to:
- Employees of any company or organization which utilizes the products and services provided by Emerson Automation Solutions to manage their process(es).
- Emerson Automation Solutions and Emerson Automation Solutions Representative personnel.
Note: Attendance may be granted to other complementary users (non-end users) of Emerson Automation Solutions products and services. Companies that compete with any Emerson Automation Solutions division may be excluded from attendance. All attendance decisions shall be made at the discretion of the Executive Committee.
The management of the business of the User Exchange shall be vested in the Emerson Global User Exchange Board of Directors (Board). The Board shall consist of twenty-three to twenty-six (23-26) members.
The Board is responsible for maintaining the Emerson Global User Exchange charter to see that it meets the needs of the membership. Revisions to the charter require approval by a 2/3 majority vote of the Board.
All Directors should be willing and have their respective management’s sponsorship to serve the duration of their appointments.
The executive committee consists of the Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Executive Sponsor and Executive Director and shall select and appoint the remaining Directors to achieve and maintain the twenty-three to twenty-six (23-26) total members of the Board (NOTE: The 23-26 total includes the 4 Directors on the executive committee). Each Director nominee should be willing and able to serve a term of four (4) years (renewable for up to four (4) more years at the Executive Committee’s discretion). The composition of the Exchange Board shall be as follows:
- A minimum of fourteen (14) and a maximum of seventeen (17) of the Directors, including the Chairperson and Vice Chairperson, shall be End Users representing key industries.
- The Executive Sponsor shall be appointed from the Systems and Solutions Group within Emerson Automation Solutions.
- The Executive Director shall be appointed from the Systems and Solutions Group within Emerson Automation Solutions.
- Four (4) Directors shall be appointed to represent the balance of the Emerson Business Groups within Emerson Automation Solutions (i.e., Business Groups other than Systems and Solutions Group).
- One (1) Director shall be appointed from Emerson Automation Solutions from the Industry Solutions organization to represent cross Business Group solutions.
- Two (2) Directors shall be Emerson Impact Partners appointed in cooperation with the Executive Committee, Emerson Automation Solutions and the Impact Partner Committee.
Each year, all Directors shall elect (in a closed ballot election) the new Vice Chairperson to serve a term of two (2) years that shall not conflict with the overall term of that director. At the end of each global Exchange event, the Chairperson shall be succeeded by the Vice Chairperson.
The duties of the officers include:
- The Chairperson shall organize and plan board activities and preside at all board meetings.
- The Vice-Chairperson shall act on the Chairperson’s behalf when the Chairperson is not present.
- The Executive Director shall maintain attendance roster, communicate Emerson Global User Form activities to the attendees, and collect, manage and report on finances.
- The Emerson Global User Exchange Executive Sponsor shall be appointed by Emerson Automation Solutions to serve as an advocate for Emerson Global User Exchange, supporting it financially and managing costs. The Executive Sponsor’s role will be one of senior consultant, leader and advisor, assisting with long term direction and planning.
- The Executive Sponsor and his appointed Executive Director shall be empowered to act as fiduciaries on behalf of the organization. No financial or contractual commitments shall be made on behalf of the Emerson Global User Exchange by any other Director or agent.
Additional support for the management of the user exchange shall be vested in the Emerson Global User Exchange Advisory Board (Advisory Board). The Advisory Board shall consist of up to four (4) non-voting members and will be chaired by the Vice-Chairman of the Emerson Global Users Exchange Board of Directors. The Board shall establish the scope and responsibility of the Advisory Board based on the Board’s annual initiatives.
Advisory Board members must be dues paying members of the Emerson Global Users Exchange. Advisory Board members shall be elected by Executive Committee of the Board for renewable terms of one (1) year.
All Advisory Board members should be willing and have their respective management’s sponsorship, in writing, to serve the duration of their appointment.
The responsibilities of the members should include but are not limited to:
- The Chairperson will act as a liaison between the Board and the Advisory Board to maintain open communications and coordination with Board activities.
- Attendance at the two face-to-face meetings of the Board held in conjunction with the annual conference.
- At the request of the Executive committee, members may periodically attend conference calls or meetings with the Board.
- Members will lead or participate on committees of the Board.
- Members will assist with development and management of tools and techniques for user communications.
- Members will assist with the development of operating procedures for the further improvement of the ongoing operations of the Board.